Vision of a Graduate
At Milton High School we believe the Milton Graduate is...
- Practices inquiry and designs solutions to overcome obstacles and improve outcomes.
- Demonstrates open-ended thought to enhance the design/build process.
- Takes intellectual risks and is resilient to setbacks.
- Creates new ideas and actions that have value and meaning.
- Uses information in new or creative ways to strengthen comprehension and deepen awareness.
- Works inclusively and interdependently to promote learning, increase productivity and achieve common goals.
- Seeks and uses feedback to adapt ideas and implement decisions.
- Respects divergent thinking and engages others in thoughtful discussion.
- Persists in accomplishing difficult tasks in collaboration with others.
- Uses interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Sets and achieves goals and perseveres through difficult tasks to be self-directed.
- Engages in a variety of learning experiences which cultivates curiosity, interests, aptitudes and talents.
- Pursues knowledge through the use of critical literacy skills, including digital citizenship, media literacy, and cultural literacy.
- Understands concepts and is able to transfer knowledge to multiple settings
- Develops cultural awareness--the recognition that our world is increasingly complex.
- Empathizes with multiple perspectives to better understand their interdependence with their global community.
- Seeks out, acknowledges, and challenges systematic inequalities.
- Understands and exercises their rights and responsibilities within a democratic society.
- Creates a safe, inclusive, and affirming community for all stakeholders.
- Reflects on continuous self-improvement and self-advocacy.
- Acknowledges, understands, and contributes to solutions that benefit the community on a local, national and global level.
- Lives and promotes physical, social, and mental health.
- Develops relevant strategies and takes action to achieve post-secondary goals.